Discernment of Gifts
Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you, before you were born I dedicated you . . . Jeremiah 1:4-5.
St. Catherine of Sienna is quoted as saying “If you are who you should be, you will set the world ablaze.” Each of us is encouraged to set the world ablaze with our personal gifts! We are all called to live as examples of Christ’s love in our daily lives by offering our unique, God-given gifts in service to others.
Please take some time to pray and reflect on the ways you are being called to serve. What gifts did God give you? Your answers are unique to you and known fully by God.
The Essential Three: VIRTUS Training, Background Check and Code of Conduct
Attention: All Volunteers Who Work With Children and Vulnerable Adults, new requirements in 2015!
- New volunteers—online process for all three.
- Every current volunteer—sign a new code of conduct online.
- Volunteers who completed the essential three before 6/30/2008. You will need retraining and rechecking as well as signing a new code of conduct, all online.
Click on the links below for more information.
There are many volunteer opportunities at St. Jude of the Lake. Our volunteer opportunities are broken down by ministry category.
Currently, we are in need of volunteers for:
- Adult/Young volunteers for Children's Liturgy of the Word at 9:00 am & 11:00 am Masses.
- Adorers for Adoration on the first Thursdays of the Month. Especially at 11:30 am, 1:00 pm, 1:30 pm, 4:00 pm, 4:30 pm
- Door & hall monitors on Wednesday evenings for 6:15 pm Faith Formation session.
- Team members and volunteers for the Fun-raising Team.
- Altar Server Coordinator
If you have any questions regarding these requirements or any of our volunteer opportunities fill out the form below.