Encouraging Kids to Pray!
Jan 19, 2017
THE GIFT OF PRAYER~ Encouraging kids to pray!
It is never too late to encourage your child(ren) to talk to God. Here are a few (hopefully helpful) ideas:
- Teach prayer as a conversation with God. You can talk about anything!
- Let kids see you (the parent) pray. The best way to educate and encourage is by example.
- Give kids a starting point. Encourage prayers for family, friends, pets, school, local and world events. The Five Finger Prayer is easy to
remember and a constant reminder.
- Provide friendly reminders. Make prayer rocks (find a rock and decorate it or cover it with material) and put it on the dresser or on the side of their bed as a reminder. Kids could even make one for the entire family!
- Be supportive. Remind them, provide opportunity and encourage to keep it up!
Parents, here is a prayer suggestion for you…
A Parent’s Prayer
Thank You for my children, LORD; I know they are a gift from You. Daily I need Your strength and wisdom to train them in the way they should go. Give me patience and a joyful heart; let me be an example of Your love and forgiveness.
Thank You, Father, for the honor of being a parent. Amen