There is a Rosary for Everybody!
Oct 7, 2016
There is a rosary for everybody!
It is never too early to introduce the rosary to your children and you are never too old to pick one up!
Here are a few tips to try..
0-2 Years old
- Use big, chunky rosaries to start out. There are wooden, rubber or stuffed ones that can be found on line or at a religious store.
- Show your children pictures of the Holy Family. Practice identifying pictures with names.
- Practice the sign of the cross.
- Say a few prayers of the rosary with them so they become familiar with the quiet time and prayers. They also see you praying- AWESOME!
3-7 Years Old
- Encourage your child(ren) to pray with you.
- Have your child(ren) pick out a rosary they like and make it their own.
- Each Mystery is a story from scripture. Start putting together a story/timeline for them. This is an excellent activity to do while you are in the car or at an appointment.
- Talk about the rosary. As the child(ren) get older, start saying a decade together. In no time they will be saying and leading their own!
8-12 Years Old
- Make it a family activity- start saying the rosary together. Take turns saying prayers or even an entire decade.
- Encourage the child(ren) to say the rosary on their own.
- Have the family study the scripture and dig deeper into the history of the scripture.
Over 13 Years Old Crowd
- There are several different types of rosaries. Find one that you like and works with your lifestyle.
- Keep it with you. Maybe in your pocket or in the car change tray or on your desk?
- Set aside a time that works with your schedule. How about while you are driving in the car?
- Start and make the commitment to continue. Soon it will become a natural part of the day/night.
Enjoy the amazing peace filled time!