Immediate Opening for Evening Maintenance Assistant/Custodian
Do you like to work with your hands? Do you like the feeling of getting things done? Do you like both variety and routine?
St. Jude of the Lake Catholic Church & School has an immediate opening for a very trustworthy and highly motivated person to help us take care of our facility during weekday afternoons, evenings, and occasional weekends as needed.
WE will provide training, coaching, and a friendly atmosphere.
YOU will provide:
• A strong work ethic.
• A commitment to accomplishing daily goals.
• An ability to adapt to meet the needs of the facility during your shift.
• Attention to detail.
Starting pay is at $13.00/hr. with an opportunity for two raises within the first 6 months.
This position is full-time with 100% paid employee health and dental insurance premiums.
We also offer paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, and retirement account with company contribution.
Summary Job Description
• Set up furniture and A/V equipment for events.
• Janitorial work including vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, dusting, and emptying trash in classrooms, offices, restrooms, kitchens, and church.
• Outdoor grounds work including mowing, weeding, trimming, raking, and snow and ice removal with manual and power tools.
• Occasional carpet cleaning, bulb replacement, window washing, handyman tasks, and painting.
This is not an exhaustive list and other duties may be assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Prior experience in maintenance or custodial work preferred.
• Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator.
• Basic written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.).
• Working ability to interact with other staff, students, and the public in a tactful and effective manner.
• Ability to lift/carry furniture/tools/trash of varying weights up to 100 pounds up to several times per day or more.
• Ability to bend, twist, squat throughout shift.
• Ability to follow instructions and complete required training.
• Ability to work independently and/or as a team member.
We are a smoke/drug/alcohol/firearm free campus.
Pre-employment physical and drug screening is required.
If you are a hard worker, you will be rewarded in this position. If you are lazy, careless, and unmotivated you will become unemployed very quickly.
To apply, send your resume to: Jon Jakoblich, Business Administrator