The Essential Three: VIRTUS Training, Background Check and Code of Conduct
Attention: All Volunteers who have interaction with minors MUST complete the Essential 3 (E3) requirements.
- Background Check – Adults (18+ years old) submit to a background check. The background check must be completed prior to the start of a volunteer’s service.
- Code of Conduct – The Code of Conduct must be completed prior to the start of a volunteer’s service.
- Safe Environment Training – Adult volunteers (18+ years old) MUST complete a LIVE session of safe environment training (within 30 days prior to the start of a volunteer’s service). Minor volunteers (under 18 years old) must be current on their Personal Safety Lessons (PSL).
Volunteers must be re-credentialed every three (3) years, which consists of:
- Submitting a background re-check
- Signing the current Code of Conduct
- Completing assigned Safe Environment online training modules
The E3 requirements are all completed on the VIRTUS website. Below are links to the website and the instruction guide that will walk you through the steps.
Please make sure you keep your Login ID and password when creating your account and if you change your email please make sure you log in to the website and update your account. If you do not keep your account up to date you will not receive the notices regarding your re-credentialing or new training modules that have been assigned.
My job as the Safe Environment Coordinator (SEC) is to make sure that St. Jude of the Lake is in compliance with the requirements of the OPCY program mandated through the Archdiocese of St. Paul & Minneapolis.
Have any questions about volunteer requirements? I am here to assist you.
Kathy Giuliano, Office Coordinator