Dorothy Day Ministry
Catholic Charities Dorothy Day Place is an integrated two-building campus designed to prevent and end homelessness by focusing on three components: dignified shelter, permanent homes and dedicated services that will create pathways to opportunities.
Catholic Charities serves all people, regardless of faith. Our mission is rooted in Christian faith and the principles of Catholic Social Teaching. These values inspire the work that we do for and with those most in need.
Volunteer at Dorothy Day Place
We make and serve dinner the 4th Saturday of every other month.
- Dinner services begin promptly at 4:30. Services ends 5:15.
- Dinner services usually feeds 300-350 guests.
- Volunteers may sign up for one or both shifts
- You must be 14 years or older to volunteer in our food service programs.
- Youth must be 16 years or older to help in the kitchen and those 14 and 15 may help on the serving line.
- Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a supervising adult at a ratio of one adult to five youths.