Service at the Dorothy Day Center
We make and serve dinner the 4th Saturday of every other month. The shift is from 2:00 pm—5:30pm.
- Arrive at 1:30pm and leave by 5:30pm
- Split shifts possible (2:00- 3:30 and 3:30-5:30pm).
- The timeline looks like this:
- Dinner services begin promptly at 4:30. Services ends 5:15.
- Dinner services usually feeds 200-250 guests.Proper Attire/appropriate hygiene - pants should not be too tight or too baggy, no tank tops or clothing that reveals bare backs, no colognes or perfumes, NO FLIP FLOPS - MUST WEAR CLOSED TOE SHOES!!! Maintain respectful boundaries with guests.Must be 16 years or older to work in the kitchen. Volunteers 8 years and older are needed to help serve drinks and cold items and clear tables.
We ask for 1 person to lead each group. As a lead you would gather volunteers for your shift.
Upcoming dates in 2016
- December 24
Upcoming dates in 2017
- February 25
- April 22
- June 24
- August 26
- October 28
- December 23
If you are interested in volunteering, Sign Up NOW!